- 2015: “Carnal Desire,” Museum Villa-Rot, Burgrieden, Germany. Installation.
- 2015: “Tomboy,” ODETTA Gallery, Brooklyn, NY. Installation.
- 2014: “Consenses,” Chilmark, MA and traveling.
- 2013: “Marfa Dialogues / NY,” Robert Rauschenberg Project Space, New York, NY. Performance installation.
- 2013: Design Philadelphia 2013, Philadelphia, PA. Performance installation.
- 2012: “The Nature of Things,” Garden Education Center, Cos Cob, CT. Installation.
- 2009: ArtSpace, New Haven, CT. Installation.
- 2009: Art Beyond Sight Conference, Metropolitan Museum and Art Education for the Blind, New York, NY. Installation.
- 2008-9: “Here, There and Everywhere: Anticipating the Art of the Future,” Transcultural Exchange, Boston, MA. Blog and installation (catalog).
- 2008: “Intrude 366: Art & Life,” Zendai MoMA, Shanghai, China. Blog and installation (catalog).
- 2007: “LEDs Are Pretty,” Greylock Arts, Adams, MA. Installation.
- 2007: “Swarovski’s Crystal Palace,” for Diane von Furstenberg and Swarovski, Bergdorf Goodman, NY, NY. Chandelier co-creator.
- 2007: Pilotprojekt Gropiusstadt, Berlin, Germany. Public interventions.
- 2006: “Scent is Life,” Klein Gallery, Philadelphia, PA. Installation (catalog).
- 2006: “Growing Up In Public,” TAG Projects, Repetti Gallery, Queens, NY. Installation (catalog).
- 2006: SIM Resident Artists’ Show, Icelandic Association of Visual Artists, Reykjavik, Iceland. Installation.
- 2005: “The Green Scent of Pink,” Fashion District Arts Festival, NY, NY. Installation.
- 2002: “Urban Dog House Project,” White Box Gallery, NY, NY. Sculpture.
- 1996: “Physical Computing Show,” New York University, NY, NY. Sculpture.
- 1996: “Pincushion Forum,” online gallery and discussion project.
- 1994: Women’s Community Cancer Project, Boston. MA. Public service announcement.
- 1993: “First Night,” Boston, MA. Video installation (commission).
- 1992-4: Reclamation Artists, Boston, MA. Public art installation series.
- 1992-4: Cablevision, Boston, MA. Documentary videos and short films.
June 2014: Instititute for the Future, Health Horizons Conference “Living Longer, Aging Well.” Participatory scent project.
September 2006: The Association of Icelandic Visual Artists (SIM), Reykjavík
March 2007: Pilotprojekt Gropiusstadt, Berlin (funded)
September 2007: Ragdale Foundation, Chicago (partially funded)
December 2008: Santa Fe Art Institute (funded)
2013: Robert Rauschenberg Foundation project grant for “Marfa Dialogues / NY”
2008: NYFA Strategic Opportunity Stipend
2016 (upcoming): In Perkins, C. and McLean, K (Ed.) Designing with Smell: Practices, Techniques and Challenges, Taylor & Francis
2014: Protein Journal, contributor to The Health Issue.
2014: In Eikelboom, Wander (Ed.) Sense of Smell (pp15-15, 65-68), Breda: Academie voor Communicatie & User Experience (ACUE).
Belanger, Matthew. “Greylock Arts Features Expressive LED Art.” Berkshire Fine Arts 14 Nov. 2007
Mitchell, John E. “The art of stargazing.” North Adams Transcript 23 Nov. 2007
Obremski, Bonnie. “Greylock Arts gallery hits the lights.” North Adams Transcript 13 Nov. 2007
Loviglio, Joann. “Art exhibition is a feast not for your eyes, but your nose.” Associated Press 28 May 2006
“Scent is Life: Monell pairs with Esther Klein Art Gallery to present unique interactive exhibit.” The Monell Connection Summer 2006
BA in Economics (1982: Colby College, magna cum laude)
Masters in Interactive Telecommunication (1996: NYU)